How to Use UnclaimedMoneyDB

Watch this instructional video on how to use UnclaimedMoneyDB.


Text Tutorial:

Searching and claiming your money using the Unclaimed Money DB service is simple. You will first need to login to our website and search to see if you have any unclaimed money. If you find claims that belong to you or your family, click on the claim instructions and it will give you detailed information on how to claim your money. You will most likely need to send in the appropriate documentation that is required. Below is a more detailed layout of this process.

1. Login to our website

Log into UnclaimedMoneyDB. You will need to type in the email address you used when you signed up. If you don't remember it, please contact us.

2. Search for claims

Once you are logged into our website you will now be able to search for claims. In the members area, click on the "Claims" tab. Now type someone's name into the search box, then hit "Search".

Now our system will pull up all of the claims that may be for the person you searched for. We group them by each individual unclaimed money source, in most cases, this will be grouped by each state or website.

If you see claims for a state, click the link on the right to see all of the claims in that state. If it says an "unknown" amount of claims exist, click the link. You will be redirected to a 3rd party website that will be able to check if claims exists. Sometimes we do not actually know if claims exist. There are over 60+ sources, so we recommend checking them all.

We suggest you do this same search process for many different variations of your name. Unclaimed property could be stored for a different variation of a person's name.

For instance, say you were searching claims that belonged to "Bill", the unclaimed property sources may have Bill recorded in their database as "Billy", or "William", or "Billie", you never know. So you should try searching for all the different names this person may have had. If you do not try searching for these different variations you may or may not find unclaimed money for "Bill." We understand this can be a lengthy process, but we recommend that all of our users do it because it happens often that unclaimed money might exist under a variation of someone's name.

Also you should search for all of your friends and family, do not just search for your own name. Search for friends, family, grandparents, children, deceased grandparents and relatives. If someone in your family died, and they had unclaimed money, in many cases you will be able to claim that amount. It is very likely that you may have money owed to you from someone who had assets that deceased. This happens quite frequently.

Finally, we also recommend that you try to type only a last name, or first name in the search box sometimes. Instead of just typing both a first and last name always. This makes it easy to search for everyone in a family. For instance, if your name was "Bob Johnson," you could type in the last name "Johnson" only and see claims for everyone in the Johnson family. You are not required to type both a first and last name. We recommend trying just typing the last name and just a first name.

3. Claim Money

Now you should know how to thoroughly search through our unclaimed money claim database. As you are searching and you find a claim, you will need to follow these instructions to claim it.

If you find a claim, there should be claim instructions associated with it. As you browse through each state's claims, you should see a link to the right that says "Claim" click that and it should pull up the information you will need to file your claim. Simply follow the instructions on that page to claim your lost money.

Some states will have an online area where you can claim your money online. Others may require you to download some forms, and send them documents via mail to their office to retrieve your money. While logged into our members area, you can also click on the "States" tab, we have listed all of the unclaimed property sources on our website and you can contact them directly if you have any questions. Click the name of the state and you will pull up the information on how to claim money from that state. Again, each state is different.

Typically, once you send the requested information to the right state, the state will send you back what is owed to you. How long does it take? It varies. Some states can take as little as 1 month to retrieve what is yours, others may take up to 6 months. It depends on the state. You can call them directly if you have any questions.

Now you should be able to use our website and find unclaimed property that is rightfully owed to you! If you have any questions, please contact us. Send an email to and we will be happy to answer any of the questions you might have.

If you simply can not find anything, we can also refer you to a 3rd party professional unclaimed money locator service. They are professional locators who can locate your money, they do charge a fee, but they are very good at what they do. Please contact us if you would like the information to work with one of those companies.

Our support email again is:

What to do when the person listed is deceased

Here is a sample of what may be needed to claim money listed under someone who is deceased:

Following is a quick checklist of documentation that must accompany your claim:

  • Completed and signed affirmation page
  • Death certificate of the deceased owner or owners of the property
  • Copy of current photo identification for each heir
  • Proof of Social Security number for each heir
  • Proof associating the deceased owner with the last known address
  • Proof associating the deceased owner with the reporting company
  • If probate of estate is open, the estate tax identification number and a copy of Currently Certified Letters Testamentary, dated within 6 months, appointing the executor or administrator of decedent\'s estate.


If probate of the estate is closed, provide the estate tax identification number and a complete copy of the Court Ordered Distribution of the decedent\'s estate.


If the distribution of the estate was not ordered by a court, provide a complete copy of the decedent\'s will and a completed Declaration Under Probate Code.


Provide a complete copy of the Trust Agreement and a copy of a document with the trust tax identification number, such as a tax return or a bank statement.


If no will or Trust Agreement is available, fill out the Declaration Under Probate Code and the Table of Heirship.

Many times your claim must be notarized if it is over $1000 or is for stock or mutual funds.


  • Avatar
    Troyette howard

    Okay how do I find out who it's from what family member and I have all date's of anything i need to clam my funds been trying for a long time i was sent a Gmail saying I was owed 900$ or more but didn't say from who??? What my best to do first call before my 30 minutes is up to say call before the time rums out but have to leave this sight to go to my family history that I just discovered in finding my family tree......

  • Avatar
    Joshua Ira Rubio

    I dont know. You'll have to make a check list of your family and try them all.


  • Avatar
    Anita Dees

    OK o will

  • Avatar

    Trying to see how i get my unclaimed money

  • Avatar
    Raquel Rivera

    I want my uniclaim money

Please sign in to leave a comment.